“And that is why Henry is now brown,” the mother
told her son as they sat in front of the hamster cage.
The little boy leaned in to see the hamster running
on the wheel. “Because he was on vacation?” he seemed confused.
“Yes, everyone gets a tan on vacation,” she
shrugged.
“Why is he smaller though?”
“He didn’t… like… the food there,” she asked more
than stated.
“Did he get a haircut as well?” The little boy was
unbelieving.
“Of course, you know how Henry liked to look nice
and was always cleaning his fur.”
“Hmm…” the little cocked his head to the side.
“I’ve got a gift for someone,” the boy’s father
walked into the room carrying a shoe box.
“My Nike’s I asked for?” the little boy’s face lit
up.
“And you thought I forgot,” he handed the little boy
the box and nodded arrogantly to his wife.
The boy’s freckled face was in shock with horror as
he lifted the top. “Henry!” he exclaimed.
The wife turned to her husband. “You buried the
wrong box didn’t you?”
The husband nodded slowly. “Yep.”
No comments:
Post a Comment